After spending another year together as a couple, it is time to celebrate. Anniversary gift baskets make a great gift for the celebrating couple. Sometimes you may need to use your imagination to put together a great gift basket. Where do you start? Well, take a look at what the couple likes to do and the activities they enjoy together. Perhaps they like to spend their time outside, reading, listening to music etc. Take a look at their different interests and you will be able to form some great ideas.
There are traditional anniversary gifts, which can be given. These are based on a chart that suggests a gift for the number of years the couple has been together. Leather, China and paper are some of the first, but as the years go on the list gets more expensive. Couples that have been together more than twenty years should receive diamonds, silver and gold. These would make a great gift but most people simply cannot afford them. You will have to think creatively in order to come up with a thoughtful gift from your heart. Anniversary gift baskets are great because you can choose objects that they would like without blowing your budget. Here are some ideas for these gift baskets that may be more appreciated than the traditional gifts like leather, China, wood, paper, gems and precious metals.
1. If your anniversary couple are sports fans you can get them some tickets for a sporting event that may be coming up soon in your area. All that would be necessary for this basket would be a set of tickets and a card.
2. Another great idea for anniversary gift baskets is a champagne basket with specialized treats. This is a romantic idea that is a sure winner. Other gifts that could be included in this basket are a cheese ball with nuts, dried fruits, cashews, macadamia nuts, chocolate truffles, smoked salmon and caviar. If you know the special couple you can include any special treats you believe they would prefer.
3. Why not give the couple a special night out with gift certificates to their favorite restaurant? If you don’t know the restaurant they prefer, you can choose any fine restaurant in your area. You can also include a bottle of wine or champagne as part of the dinner when you prepay the dinner reservation.
4. Gift certificates to a book or music store are great anniversary gift baskets. You can get a small decorated basket for this and for an added touch you can line the basket with paper that has musical notes or book motifs.
5. For a couple that enjoys a nightlife you can give them tickets to a theater production, ballet, opera or concert for a very special night out. It is best not to get tickets for an event taking place on their anniversary date because they may already have plans. Look for an event that is scheduled soon. You might want to add a small bottle of champagne to complete this anniversary gift basket.
A little imagination goes a long way when you are trying to think of perfect anniversary gift baskets. Traditional gifts have their own place, but with a bit of thought you can make up a much more thoughtful gift basket for the deserving couple.